MidNite 2160W Watt Off-Grid Micro Kit With DC/AC Load Center
- 2.2 kW Micro Cabin or Tiny House Kit
- Our MidNite Micro Off-Grid kit offers an ideal solution for smaller flexible NEC code compliant systems. We have taken the world’s most popular solar products and put together this pre-engineered NEC code compliant expandable system that you can assemble and install. This system is designed for a very simple assembly and wiring of the load center on site using a few household tools saving you thousands of dollars. Methodically engineered, every component of this kit has been specially selected to assure the highest performance in a safe and simple-to-install package with a custom line drawing. This micro-off-grid power system is ideal for applications such as small off-the-grid cabins, tiny homes or small backup power and will save you both time and money.
- Only: Buy Now
- Product Details:
- Resource Documents:
MidNite Solar Load Center Battery Based Off-Grid Renewable Energy System
|Load Center||Part Number||Array Size (STC*)||Daily Watts Based on 5 Sun Hours (*STC)||Voltage DC/AC||Type||Optional SAMLEX, PST-1500-24 Inverter, Continuous AC Output Watts||Optional MAGNUM MS4024 Inverter / Charger, Continuous AC Output Watts|
|Midnite MNDC-15 Load Center||MIDCS-24-2160||2160W||10,800 Watts||24 / 120||Off-Grid||1,500 @ 120VAC||4,000 @ 120VAC|
The MidNite MNDC15 is a general use enclosure / load center that will hold up to 15 MNEDC type panel mount breakers, and one larger 175 amp battery on the end. MidNite MNDC15 load center comes disassembled and pre-engineered with one goal in mind, making these smaller cabin or tiny house systems less expensive, NEC code compliant for a fast and easy off-grid application. Choose either roof, ground or pole mount rack which will save you both time and money. As with all Blue Pacific Solar's kits, we provide a custom line drawing showing you the wire size you will need and how to connect all the parts. Additionally, out Technical Sales staff is standing by to provide support that is as close as your telephone.
Canadian Solar Solar Panels; founded in 1997 with over 20 offices worldwide and 13,700 employees, Canadian Solar modules are UL certified and named by EuPD Research as the "Top Brand PV" in Germany in 2013. Photovoltaic projects rely on high quality products that stand the test of time for project inputs ranging from engineering to design to financing and more. Relative to industry peers, Canadian Solar products have a strong 18 year track record of reliability and performance in the field. As a vertically integrated company, Canadian Solar tightly controls quality at every step from silicon crystallization to module deployment in the field with 30 in-house quality tests. Canadian Solar Solar panel quality is guaranteed by a 25-year industry leading warranties and are UL Listed.
The Midnite Solar Classic 150 MPPT battery charge controller substantially increases the flexibility, features and range currently found on all other MPPT controllers. The solar consultants at Blue Pacific Solar love specifying Midnite solar products in many of the systems we design. Why? Well frankly because they are American made, they are designed for the most durable off-grid conditions by engineers that are not afraid to get their hands dirty and they just plain work well.
MidNite MNBCM voltmeter battery capacity meter. This meter was designed to keep batteries alive longer. Features:
- Led’s that correspond to battery voltage
- Accuracy +- .05%
- Auto sensing for 12, 24, 36, and 48 volt batteries
- LED indicators show if batteries have received a full charge recently, longer than one week or longer than two weeks
What's On The Truck
- 8 - 270W Canadian Solar, CS6K-270M Black Frame Mono Panels
- 4 - PV Wire 50’ Cable Extension, 10AWG, UL4703 with MC4 Connectors, 600VDC (Array Wire to Edge of Panels)
- 1 - MidNite Solar MNPV-6, 6 Position Combiner Box
- 4 - MidNite Solar MNEPV-15 - 15 amp DC Breaker 150VDC DIN, 13mm
- 2 - Midnite Solar MNSPD300-DC Lighting Arrestor
- 1 - Multi-Contact MC4 Latch Tool
- 1 - Midnite Solar, Classic 150, MPPT Charge Controller, 150VDC, 96A, 12-93V Battery, with BTS & LCD, Arc-fault Protection, CLASSIC 150
- 1 - MidNite Solar, MNCCB-R, E-PANEL Right Side Single Classic Charge Controller Mounting Plate
- 1 - Midnite MNDC-15 Load Center Circuit Breaker Box for 15 Panel Mount and One Large Panel Mount Breaker
- 1 - MidNite MNBCM Voltmeter Battery Capacity Meter
- 1 - Circuit Breaker, MIDNITE, 1A 120VAC/150VDC, 1-POLE, Panel Mount (Meter Breaker)
- 1 - CIRCUIT BREAKER, 80A 150VDC, 1-POLE, PANEL MOUNT, MIDNITE MNEDC80 Panel Mount (Classic 150 Controller)
- 1 - Circuit Breaker. OUTBACK PNL-20-AC/DC, DC Ground Fault Protector, 20A 150VDC, 1-POLE, Panel Mount (PV Array)
- 1 - Midnite MNEDC175 Battery/Inverter Circuit Breaker, Panel Mount (Battery / Inverter)
- 1 - MNBreaker Protecter The MidNite Solar MNBreaker Protector will keep the 175 Amp Breaker from being accidentally hit.
- 1 - Midnite, MNDC-GFP80, DC Ground Fault Protector, 80A 150VDC, 1-POLE, Panel Mount (PV Array Protection)
- 1 - BUSBAR, Midnite Solar, BIG BUSBAR, 5-STUD Battery Terminal (Battery / Inverter Neg)
- 2 - BUSBAR, Midnite Solar, MNTBB, Terminal Red
- 1 - BUSBAR, Midnite Solar, MNTBB, Terminal Black
- 1 - BUSBAR, Midnite Solar, MNGBB, Ground
- 2 - Battery Cable, Code Approved THW, Black, 2/0 x 10'
- 1 - Line Drawing; Full Instructive Three-Line Diagram of Entire DC Circuit, as Well as AC Lines to Your Main Panel.
A full instructive three-line wire diagram of entire DC circuit, as Well as AC Lines to Your Main Panel is included with the kit but field assembly of all the components listed here are required by others. [See Schematic Below ↓] Blue Pacific Solar will provide the PV wire to the edge of the array, all other wire and battery interconnect cables are not included. Optional AC inverter and 120 VAC 15 AAC panel mount breakers and 120 VAC outlets are not included (Shown Below) ↓ Panel mount breakers are single-pole ¾" wide breakers with ¼" stud connections and require ring terminals on wires connected to them. Ring terminals and connecting AWG CU wires are not included and are readily available at your local hardware store. NOTE: This micro kit can be wired using the outlet example below but can also be wire into an AC breaker panel [After you select the optional inverter or provide your own]. We will draw either option, your choice.
Panels and balance of system ship in 3 - 5 business days after funds clear subject to seasonal increases. NOTE: Midnite MNDC-15 Load Center on this system is a popular item, allow for 20 business days delivery & we will hold the associated parts so the load center ships complete. Custom Line Drawing is sent via email in 5 - 7 business days.
What's NOT Included
Blue Pacific Solar has provided all of the main parts you will need for your kit. Batteries, AC Inverter and roof and ground racks are site specific and are not included.
Here are some additional items sourced from your local hardware store that your may need to purchase. Conduit, appropriately sized electrical wire from the array, some fasteners, sealant, grounding rod and appropriately sized electrical wire to complete the assembly of the load center. Additionally the 120 VAC 15 AAC panel mount breakers, circuits and 120 VAC outlets are not included (Example of 2 Shown). The 120VAC 15AAC panel mount breakers are available to purchase under optional accessories. Panel Mount AC/DC Circuit Breakers - These are single-pole ¾" wide breakers with ¼" stud connections and require ring terminals on wires connected to them. Ring terminals and connecting wires not included. Screws for mounting bus bars, us #10 sheet metal screw or 10-32 self-tapping screws into a .172 DIA HOLE (Not Included).
MidNite 2160W Off-Grid Micro Cabin or Tiny House Kit
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS: It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that all products are installed and operated in accordance with local and national building codes as specific by the NEC (National Electric Code), UBC (Uniform Building Code) or IBC (International Building Code) and local utility company policy. This product is designed for indoor or protected compartment installations. DO NOT expose the load center or inverter to rain, snow, moisture or liquids of any type. Use insulated tools to reduce the chance of electrical shock or accidental short circuits. Remove all jewelry such as rings, watches, bracelets, etc. when installing the MidNite load center or any other electronic gear. Always disconnect the batteries or energy source prior to installation or performing maintenance on the system. Live power may be present at more than one point since an inverter utilizes both batteries and AC electricity. Turning off the inverter may not reduce that risk. Always verify proper wiring prior to starting the inverter. Always read and follow the manufactures installation and operating instructions for the MidNite 2160W Off-Grid Micro Kit for cabin or tiny house living prior to installation and operation.