Enphase Energy M215-60-2LL-S22-IG Grid-Tie Microinverter
- M215-60-2LL-S22-IG Microinverter
- The M215 microinverter is compatible with most 60-cell solar panel (up to 260 W) and works with 240 VAC single-phase services. The maximum number of M215 microinverters in an AC branch circuit is 17 for 240 VAC single-phase systems. If you choose 17 microinverters for a single branch, Enphase recommends you center tap the string. Each AC branch circuit must be protected with a 20 A circuit breaker. The M215 has automatic voltage sensing, but the Engage trunk cable used to complete the circuit is specific to the output voltage required. Be sure to verify that the voltage and current specifications of your solar panel are within the input range of the M215 microinverter.
- Only: Discontinued by Enphase Buy Now
- Product Details:
Enphase M215 Microinverter
|Model||Part Number||MAX AC
|DC Panel Voltage||MPPT Range||CEC* Efficiency||Max AC Current||Weight|
|M215-60-2LL-S22-IG||3210196||215 Watts||< 45 VDC||22 to 36 VDC||96.5%||1 Amp||3.5 lb|
*California Energy Commission Independent Test Performance
Clipping: depending on the solar panel brand selected and the installation location, an M215 can clip input panel watts when paired with a panel with an output rating above 250 Watts (STC).
A microinverter converts the DC output from a single solar panel into grid-compliant AC power and is meant to be located near the panel. The Enphase Microinverter System simplifies design and installation by alleviating string-sizing constraints, and it optimizes the energy harvest of each module through independent maximum power point tracking (MPPT). An Enphase System consists of microinverters, Engage trunk cables, the Envoy Communications Gateway, and the web-based Enlighten monitoring and analysis service.
Through individualized MPPT, Enphase microinverters help mitigate the effects of shading, dust, debris, module mismatch, and thermal differences. With module-level monitoring, performance issues can be traced to individual modules to expedite troubleshooting. Each solar panel is connected directly to its own microinverter, typically mounted on the racking underneath. The microinverters’ AC wire harnesses are connected to form an AC branch circuit that leads to the AC utility distribution center. System safety is enhanced since all of the output wiring from the PV array is AC and no high-voltage DC is present once the AC power is shut down, reducing risk to maintenance personnel or firefighters.
- Module-level Monitoring - Requires Envoy ENV
- Cable Selectable 240 VAC Output - Requires Engage Trunk Cable
- Operate at Full Power in Ambient Temperatures from -40°C (-40°F) to 65°C (149°F)
- NEMA6 Sealed Enclosures
- Listed to UL 1741 for U.S. and Canada
- Compliant with: IEEE 1547 FCC Part 15 Class B CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 0-91, .4-04, and 107.1-01
- Backed by a Twenty Five Year Limited Warranty
What's On The Truck
- Enphase, M215-IG Microinverter, 215W, 240/208VAC, 60Hz, 16-45VDC for 60 cell modules, H4 PV in, 16" Engage Cable out, with integrated ground, 25 Yr Warranty, M215-60-2LL-S22-IG
Enphase Energy Microinverters ship in 2 - 3 business days after funds clear.
Enphase M215 Microinverter System Grid Tie; Grid Interactive Power
Enphase Energy M215-60-2LL-S22-IG Grid-Tied Inverter; Simple Overview of the Installation Process:
- Step 1 – Measure AC at the Electrical Utility Connection (See Enphase installation instruction sheet under "Documents" tab above)
- Step 2 – Install the AC Branch Circuit Junction Box (Not included)
- Step 3 – Position the Enphase Engage Cable
- Step 4 – Attach the MicroInverter to the Solar Racking
- Step 5 – Dress the Enphase Engage Cable
- Step 6 – Terminate the Unused End of the Engage Cable
- Step 7 – Connect the Engage Cable to AC Junction Box(s)
- Step 8 – Complete the Enphase M215 Installation Map
- Step 9 – Connect the Solar Panels
- Step 10 – Build the Virtual Array
NOTE IMPORTANT INSTALLATION Enphase Energy M215-60-2LL-S22-IG : It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that all products are installed and operated in accordance with local and national building codes as specific by the NEC (National Electric Code), UBC (Uniform Building Code) or IBC (International Building Code) and local utility company policy. These codes may vary from city to city and county to county. All Grid-tied solar installations should be permitted and inspected, where required, by the local inspection authority in the same manner as other equivalent electrical systems. It is always a good idea to contract with a local licensed electrician to at least do the final electrical connection of your Enphase Energy M215-60-2LL-S22-IG system from the AC disconnect to your home utility breaker box. Some local permitting authorities require that a licensed electrician do all the wiring from the rack to the utility interconnect.
Additional Safety Instructions; Perform all electrical installations in accordance with all applicable local electrical codes and the National Electrical Code (NEC), ANSI/NFPA 70. Be aware that only qualified personnel should install or replace Enphase MicroInverter. Do not attempt to repair the Enphase MicroInverter as it contains no user-serviceable parts. If it fails, please contact Enphase customer service to obtain an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number and start the replacement process. Tampering with or opening the Enphase MicroInverter will void the warranty. Before installing or using the Enphase Energy M215-60-2LL-S22-IG, please read all instructions and cautionary markings in the technical description. Connect the Microinverter to the utility grid only after receiving prior approval from the electrical utility company. Be aware that the body of the microinverter is the heat sink. Under normal operating conditions, the temperature is 15°C above ambient, but under extreme conditions the microinverter can reach a temperature of 80°C. To reduce risk of burns, use caution when working with microinverter. Do NOT disconnect the solar panel from the Enphase Energy M215-60-2LL-S22-IG without first removing AC power.